Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hope Realized

Joy at turning the impossible into the possible



10/21/10: I’m looking at the pictures today, & I see the faces of the children & young people of Rwanda. I wonder how they are doing, if the interaction they had with us is still with them as they are with me. Yes, it has faded to some degree in the last week, but their energy is still very alive in me. Their perseverance, their willingness to risk, their unrestricted sharing of their joy of life, their eagerness to embrace hope in the face of circumstances we would consider hopeless—these qualities endear them to me & dictate to me that I remember them; that I continue to put effort into finding resources to make their hope realized. Theirs is the exaggerated journey of all of us. Can we find inner peace & joy no matter what our circumstances? Can we acknowledge all of our gifts in each moment regardless of what we think we lack? Can we cherish each relationship & be fully present with it even though we know it is temporary? Can we wonder at the beauty of a flower or a smile even though we have seen the darkest of days? Can we forgive when all that we once held dear has been taken from us? Can we surrender to a Higher Power that appeared to have abandoned us? Can we use our most difficult experience to become more of the loving essence we truly are? Most of these young people can answer yes to all of those questions.

I haven’t directly spoken of the need for financial support to continue the work of bringing hope to these young people, & creating a model to do that in all parts of the world where it is most needed. The extent of the need could easily use millions of dollars, but our project, ProjectLIGHTRwanda needs just $30,000 to complete the pilot project, & I will be able to return to Rwanda to help create that for $4,500 in donations. If you feel drawn to participate in something that you can help create that makes a difference in fostering world peace, support in your mind & heart is warmly appreciated & valued greatly. If you want more tangible participation you may donate online at createglobalhealing.org. When you reach PayPal, click on the box that says “Instructions to seller” & write in “Credit to K. Brewer.”

I would like for all of you to have the life-changing & life-affirming experience that I just had in whatever form means most to you. Does anyone have a jet & a big house in Rwanda?

No comments:

Post a Comment